Saturday, October 27, 2012

Taxonomy Update

This is my site at Deira, Dubai. The site covers 3 districts of Al Dhagaya, Naif, and Ayal Naser, which these local districts have the highest population density of communities in Dubai. The site location allows me to bring in as much people to my underground shopping mall as possible. This is for the different tribes of local, expats, and tourists to collide. The diagram shows my site and how I could lay out the programs along the site. 




These are diagrams of the taxonomy of people in reference to the population of Dubai, the taxonomy of people in Dubai (locals, tourists, expats) and the taxonomy of activities in Dubai categorized into 6 types, adventurous, relaxing, intimate, educational, entertainment, and self-care. 

The top diagram is the taxonomy of nationalities of expats in Dubai and the expat's activities that collides with the activities of the people in Dubai. There are numerous of other possibilities of collision in the activities. The bottom diagram shows the taxonomy of space where I asked myself what makes each program and extracted it out to the space orientation, material, and lighting. Lastly, the taxonomy of arrivals show the different ways you can enter the underground site depending on the program you are landing on. So for example if you are going down and landing at the nightclub, you might come down through something similar to a stripper pole. 

This is the taxonomy of rules and triggers that will be applied to the spaces in my underground shopping mall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment